Thursday, December 10, 2015

11th Day of Gift Giving with YNS

Hello Stamping Friends!

 Time once again for some fun with Your Next Stamp products!!!

Have you been following the blog the last few days?
We've done a series on "12 Days of Gift Giving"!

There has been some really amazing ideas shared!

Be sure to check them all out on the blog!

With that being said.......It's my turn!


--------------------

I am featuring the Pillow Box Die!
I really enjoy using dies like this to create sweet little gifts.

I started out by die cutting the box:
When I cut my pillow box I just grabbed a piece of cardstock I liked, not realizing at the time, it was a perfect fit for my idea, as you will see later! 

I then used the die cut layer for the top of the box:
I adhered the two pieces together.

Here is where I thought for a little bit.
As I wanted to alter this idea, to change up the die a little bit, to show you more uses.

So I decided to use the Stitched Rectangle Die Set, to create an opening in my Pillow Box, so you could see what was inside.

The rectangles in the Pillow Box Die weren't the size I was looking for, so in searching I found the right size in the Stitched Rectangle Die Set!!

So I die cut the rectangle from my layers:

I then added a piece of acetate on the inside of the box to create a window:
How fun!!

I originally had planned to fill this pillow box with candy, so here is a look with it filled up:
It's now ready to be embellished!!

But in thinking, I decided it would create a perfect gift card holder as well!  I love creating my own gift card holders, as I don't care for the boring ones in the store!

So here's a look at my finished pillow box:
I love the scene you kind of created as well!  The pillow box kind of acts as a frame!

The "Season's Greeting" sentiment is part of the Freezy the Snowman stamp set!

As I mentioned earlier, I used a piece of double sided paper...
When you slide the gift card out, you can see the other side of the paper inside!  So the inside of my box is decorated as well!!

It's those small things that I get a kick out of!!

Supplies Used:
Pillow Box Die
Pillow Box Die

Stitched Rectangle Die Set
Stitched Rectangle Die Set

Freezy the Snowman
Freezy the Snowman

Holly Jolly Sparkly Gumdrops
Holly Jolly Sparkly Gumdrops

Green Solid Divine Twine
Green Solid Divine Twine

--------------------



Be sure to check out all the awesome products from YNS here!!!!


Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

What a super CUTE idea Kendra! LOVE IT!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations