Monday, October 5, 2015

Glittery Lights with IBS

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!

I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog today, sharing a fun glittery holiday card!

I love the new  Festive Greetings stamp set!
Perfect set for those holiday cards!!

When I seen the lights in the set I knew I wanted to make them glittery!  As holiday cards are so fun to create with glitter!

And I LOVE glitter!!

I started by collecting some supplies:
1
Tub O Towels (To clean the glue off the stamp)
Glitter!!
Glue
Stamp Set
Ink Pads

Start by stamping the string for the lights and the ends of the bulbs where you would like them.
2
I stamped the "string" twice to make them a longer strand.

I have this actual glue pad that I like to us, but I needed to add some new glue to it.  (If I didn't have this pad, I would use a foam applicator to add the glue to my stamps)

3
So I added a little glue.

Then I wiped it into the pad a little bit with my finger...
4

Next you are ready to "glue up" your stamp!
5
Lightly dab the stamp on the pad, just like it were ink.

Then stamp it where you would like it...
6
If you look closely you can see the glue light.

Then the FUN begins!  As well as messy part!!  hehe

I use my finger tip to grab some glitter...
7

Then gently rub the image where the glue is...
8
So fun! Sparkly! And messy!!  But so worth it in the end!

The nice thing about this glue, is that it don't try until after something else is in contact with it!  So you have some time to add the glitter!

Check out the pretty light....
9
I love the look!!
I then let it dry for awhile.

You are then ready to assemble your card!

Here's a look at my finished card:
IBS_Lights
Aren't the lights fun?!

I just LOVE all the glitter!
IBS_Lights2
So festive!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------




3 comments:

Avra Williams said...

Beautiful! I think I have one of these glue pads somewhere that I've never used...it's probably all dried up. i need to try this!

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Kendra!!! LOVE your pretty Sparkly Christmas Card! I too have a glue pad... they are so useful! Have a wonderful Monday! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Shari said...

Wow! Love this card. Great idea using glitter for the bulbs. ^_^