Thursday, March 14, 2013

SS Wax Paper Resist


Time for another monthly challenge on the Sweet Stamps Blog!

Just a reminder that this challenge lasts until April 14th!!

You have a chance at winning a $20 Gift Certificate to SweetStamps.com to purchase some "SWEET" things of your own!!

Hope you will join in!

----------------------

Technique Challenge at Sweet Stamps is:

Wax Paper Resist

This was a first for me!  There's a nice tutorial on 
Splitcoast Stampers here.

My card:
I just love the Large and Medium Bold Butterflies! Along with the beautiful sentiment!!

Close-up of the wax paper resist butterfly:
What a fun technique this was to try!  Will have to do this again in the future.  

Behind the doubled up bold butterflies, I used the Parchment Craft Technique on the Oval Lace Frame Small!  One of my favorite frames from SS!!


SweetStamps.com Products Used:


Have a wonderful day!



-------------------


5 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love how you did the wax resist on the Bold Butterflies. Love the ribbon and the added rhinestones and pearls. Very pretty!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty- I love the double butterfly with the great wax paper pattern- and the beautiful parchment behind it. The trail of pearls is such a great look- love the great bow too!

jonim52 said...

This card is fabulous! Those butterflies are magnificent.

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Kendra, just love those butterflies!! I will have to try it on image one day. Beautifully done!!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is gorgeous Kendra!! I love how the subtle your PP is and then to use the butterflies with bold black outline was a fantastic idea. Love how you layered them too.

Hugs,
Calypso