Wednesday, March 20, 2013

IBS Chalkboard Technique


Each month on the 20th Inspired By Stamping, will be having a blog hop featuring a different technique, idea or color combination!!

It's a great way to create something with your new stamps from our latest release!!



I've used the new Beautiful Iris set for my card! 
I just LOVE flowers!  This Iris stamp is so beautiful and the sentiments in the set are all perfect as well!  Just love the font used!!

I've never used this technique before, so this was a first for me!  I really enjoyed trying it out!

I decided to stamp the image and then use different colored chalks to color it, to give it that chalkboard look.  
The top and bottom border are from the set Delicate Doilies II

Just a close-up of the border and sentiment.

The iris:
I sure can't wait to see my Iris's coming up this spring!!

I also added some White Seam Binding!

What a fun technique!  Join in, we'd love to see what you create!

-------------------



This challenge goes until April 3rd!

Two randomly selected winners will be given a $25 gift card to the Inspired By Stamping Store!!

There are so many lovely stamps to choose from! 

-------------------

Check out the following DT member blogs for more wonderful inspiration:


-------------------


Have a lovely day!


5 comments:

Paperesse said...

What a beautiful card Kendra! It really looks like chalk too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous job with the technique -- love the layout too

Colleen Dietrich said...

SO pretty, Kendra! I like that you used some color on these irises.

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set Kendra, and the beatiful chalky effect that you have created with it.

TFS.

Hopping on to Irit's blog.

Regards,
Vithya

lisa808 said...

Love the inage and your different take on the chalkboard technique.