Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Whoo Hoo Wed. with IBS

Whoo Hoo!!

It's time for another Whoo Hoo Wednesday tutorial with Inspired By Stamping's wonderful stamps!!

Have you seen the beautiful new background sets released this month?!?!

Here's a look at the two sets:

Vintage Background

Background Basics I

I love both of them, especially since I enjoy creating my own backgrounds!  

Although I find that sometimes it can be a little frustrating trying to line them up and get them to be perfect.

So I thought I would share a little friendly tip to help you out.
I take the background stamp I would like to work with, in this case, one from the Vintage Background set and line the bottom of it on one of the lines on my acrylic block. 

The block I used is made by Fiskars, it came in a set of five different sized blocks.  I didn't realize all blocks don't have the lines on them.  I also own a block that I bought from Hobby Lobby that is made by the Paper Studio.

To me this helps as you can easily just line that line with the bottom of your sheet of paper, that way you only will need to eye up the left side, rather then trying to line up the left side and bottom.

Just about perfect:


For my card I created I only needed to create one row, but if I were to create a bigger piece of paper, then I would have to eye it up a little more as I would get to the second row.  Best advice is just take your time.

I also thought it would be fun to quickly show you a fun and quick way to alter chipboard.
First, I used some glue to coat the heart.

Then placed it on the paper I wanted to cover it with.

 Then I cut around it and lastly sanded around the edges to clean it up.
I also had an ink that matched the paper so I inked the edges and side.  I also add some of my shimmer paint to the heart to make it shimmer!!

And finally.....my card!
The "LOVE" is from the new Vintage Sayings set!

I also used an amazing flower from the IBS store!

 I also really love these backgrounds as there is so many great and fun opportunities for you to add bling to the patterns!!

Make sure to check out the IBS Blog for some amazing inspiration and more great tutorials!!

Have a wonderful day!




3 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Beautifully done Kendra!

Deb Hickman said...

Great tutorial, Kendra. I love the finished card. Deb xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great tips, Kendra, and fabulous end result!