Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Night with CI Paints

Our second term of the CI Paints Design Team is coming to an end, it just seems like yesterday we were beginning. The third term is beginning Oct. 4th! This next round we’re doing things a little different….you’ll have to check the blog out then to see the changes! We also are beginning to have challenges!! It’s so exciting!!

We also have a few new faces we are adding to our design team! And a few people have stepped down, which we will miss, but wish them a lot of luck in the future with their creativeness!

Anyway this finale week’s challenge is “MOVIE NIGHT”, something we do here often! Thinking it over I decided to go with the movie “CARS”! My little guy loves Lightening McQueen!

Granted my husband and I have both raced for many years, so it’s bond to run in his blood a little bit! He just loves going to the race track! This summer we went to Norway, MI to watch “daddy” race a Mid-American Stock Car Series race!

There was a car painted just like Lightening McQueen and he found that one in no time!

I’ve decided to scrap the pictures from the race for this week’s challenge:


I used CI Paint "Garnet" to add some shimmer to McQueen's paint job! :) A racecar needs a little shimmer in it's paint, don't ya think? Well the CI Paints do a wonderful job, I think!
McQueen's car just shines!

I used the cuttlebug folder tiny mosaic texture the wrong way...
then filled in a few of the squares with "Garnet" to add a little something to the #1!

I couldn't get the greastest picture of a close-up of the checkered flags, but I covered the white cardstock with "Winter Frost" so that there was also some shimmer in the flag!

I used the Disney Cars, Mickey Font and Lyrical Letters for the cuts on this layout.

There's so much a person can do with these paints! I just love them!

Have a wonderful day! Make sure to take a look at the blog to see the other movie inspired projects!

Kendra

5 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Cool layout Kendra. My grandson just about has the movie memorized. Your son must really get a thrill from the movie since he's part of a racing family.

Kassi said...

what a fun page! My 3 yr old nephew would be so jealous! A while ago, a bunch of the family were out looking at cars... one of the dealerships had a real race car on display, and he was SO concerned that the car was missing the seats that he had to tell the salesman that the car was broken! =)

Clare said...

adorable layout, love the details and sweet photos!!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cute...your son is adorable!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling page- love the L.O. and all of the great embellishments! I love the idea of adding paint to the circles and love the flower! TFS