Thursday, September 9, 2010

CI Paints Challenge: Monochrome

This week’s CI Paints challenge is “Monochrome w/3D embellishments”.

I have a good friend getting married in a few weeks, so I thought it would be a great idea to make her wedding card.

With inspiration from their wedding invite:

I came up with this:

I think it turned out perfect! Simple, yet elegant!

I used both Beige and Ivory which are currently CI Paints Limited Edition colors which are being offered until the end of December! Get yours before they’re gone! I love both of them! Burgundy and Denium are the other two limited edition colors!

To make the background I used a cotton ball dabbed in the paint color of choice: Then just dabbed the sheet of paper until I liked how it looked. I really like this look.

Here are some close-up pics:Isn't the shimmer BEAUTIFUL?!?!

I used Chocolate and Caramel to cover the white Hero Arts flowers. I dipped my yellow brads in the cover of the Ivory paint to change them not only to match my prject, but to make them more fun by adding some shimmer!!I hope you have enjoyed my project, let me know what you think.

Check out the CI Paints Blog for some other great ideas!! Have a wonderful day!

Kendra


-------------------------------------------------------
Details:
Paper: 2 Shades of Brown Cardstock, Ivory Cardstock
CI Paints: Carmel, Chocolate, Beige, Ivory
Stamps: SU Set “Priceless”, Stampabilities “Mr. & Mrs.” (ER1102)
Ink: SU “Chocolate”, VersaMagic “Jumbo Java”
Misc.: Brown Ribbon, Brads, Flowers Hero Arts

4 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

What a beautiful wedding card. Love how you made the background. Great job!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful wedding card,the dabbed paint looks like marble!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- I bet it is even prettier IRL! Thanks for the visuals too!

Unknown said...

I love it! Browns and creams are SO elegant!